St. Lawrence Academy is a ministry of St. Lawrence Orthodox Christian Church. While we primarily serve the children of our parish families, we are open to applications from all Orthodox Christians and from others who are open to our educational philosophy and curriculum, and who are willing to ascribe to our mission and goals. (See our mission statement here.)
We are continually striving to cultivate a school culture and community that is conducive to the fulfillment of our mission and reflects our participation in the life of Christ and His Church. For that reason, there are a handful of steps for applicants and their families, which help us determine whether St. Lawrence Academy’s program is a good match for each prospective student.
How to Apply
Please follow these steps when applying to St. Lawrence Academy:
- School visit & introductory interview. Interested families should contact the school by phone (831-335-0328) and arrange a visit to the school, which will include an introductory interview with the Head of School, prior to filling out an online application form.
- Application form & fee. Complete the online application form and pay the $50.00 processing fee. The fee will be waived for members of St. Lawrence Orthodox Christian Church. Families who have more than one child they wish to enroll in a year will only be required to pay the processing fee once. This fee must be paid before the application will be considered complete. Click here to pay online.
- Family interview. An informal family interview with the Head of School will be held at the home of the prospective student. This interview is an opportunity to discuss the Academy’s educational philosophy in more detail, explore the child’s and family’s spiritual life, address the aims of the school-parent partnership, etc.
- Decision. The admission decision is based on the information provided through the application form and the family interview. A decision is usually reported to the family within a few days of completing the application process.
St. Lawrence Academy provides need-based financial assistance to families who are supporting members* of St. Lawrence Orthodox Christian Church. When available, financial aid may be offered to general membership or non-member families based on an evaluation of need for financial assistance. Please contact the school office for more information about applying for financial aid.
* A “supporting member” is defined as an Orthodox Christian who regularly attends St. Lawrence Orthodox Christian Church and who supports the parish through the payment of regular tithes and offerings. (For more information, please see the St. Lawrence Orthodox Christian Church bylaws.)
Tuition Rates and Fees 2017-2018
Tuition per month (based on a 10 month school year – Sept to June)
Tuition due monthly by the 5th. The child in the highest grade is the 1st child.
Additional fees (not included in tuition)
Registration KG: $305
Grades 1,2,3: $340 (reg. plus hot lunch)
Grades 4-8: $440 (reg., hot lunch, science camp)
PLUS $30 per family for fundraiser seed money
St. Lawrence offers a secure, convenient means to pay on this one-time fees:
Financial Aid Fund** – Kindergarten through 8th grade: $20 monthly per family (this helps us provide tuition assistance for families in need) Pay through Acceptiva
- All monthly tuition must be paid by automatic deduction
- When paying fees (e.g. registration) – please detail on check memo
- Questions? Call (831) 335-0328
**Note: Optional, but strongly encouraged